Tuesday, September 28, 2010

More Milestones Met

Hi Everyone,
Even though my life has become very mundane, and not very blog worthy, I keep hearing from folks who are checking in to the blog!  So I need to update! Thank you all for your interest in my recovery.
Today was a big day.  I drove my car (about a mile) to physical therapy.  I have a wonderful therapist who appreciates the impact of my surgery on every part of my body.  So I have some new assignments (stretches, etc.) to work on every day.
Recovery continues to move along really well.  I am taking tylenol only now - a big relief.   I feel much more normal without the pain medication.  I still have to rest a lot.  Not much pain, but a feeling of "unease" - or under the weather - just a hint from my body that there is a lot of healing still to be done, and I need to rest in order for that to happen.
Otherwise, I am walking and taking the stairs w/ no problem.  The walker and special toilet seats have found a spot in the basement.  The hospital bed will be picked up on Thursday.  Tomorrow, I am going to resume my visits to the gym - but just for careful walking around the track.  YAY!
I feel bad for Dave, who has had to take on all the laundry, shopping, dog walking, etc.  Hopefully, I will be able to take on a little cooking before long.  And I still haven't taken advantage of the "shop on line" service at Busch's - you send the order, and they bring it all out to your car!  We did it a few times before the surgery to test it out - amazing.  Just need to be a little more organized than we are so far.
Thanks so much for caring for me.  I am really doing quite well.  I am trying to concentrate on how far I have come vs. how far I still have to go...
LOVE,
NANC

5 comments:

  1. Nancy, thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are feeling better. So much work! We can't wait to see the new taller Nancy strutting her stuff on the beach at Pentwater next summer. XXOO Jan and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, Nancy! So glad to hear that life is returning to normal, and that you are feeling good! Great news! love, jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you were still blogging and so glad you are! You sound terrific!!! Once things slow down here, I am going to have to do a road trip to see you! xoxoxo Peg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still check for updates on your blog. You are doing so great, I know it's alot of hard work. Enjoy the reading time!
    Hugs,
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! Glad to hear you are ticking off the milestones... it makes the journey go by faster. Keeping you in my prayers and looking forward to seeing you again sometime soon. xxoo Adele

    ReplyDelete