Friday, September 17, 2010

settling in

A big thank you to all of you who are taking such good care of me! 
So many wonderful family and friends have come with meals, good wishes, and their willingness to help me with the little things I still can't do.

I'm walking really well - using the walker only when I get up in the middle of the night.  I'm still resting a lot during the day.  I sort of feel like you do at the end of an illness - you are ready to be normal again, but not quite there...  I know it's going to take awhile.  It is time to be patient, and take it easy.

Dave took me out for a drive one evening - it was great to be outside in the beautiful fall weather!  The next night we even went to a local restaurant for dinner - that's a big step!

One of the hardest things to deal with has been the heavy duty painkillers I've been on.  I'm working on weaning myself off of the worst one.  It made for a couple of uncomfortable nights and a generally yucky feeling, but it is a big relief to have my appetite back and feel more like myself.

SO, just checking in to let you know that I am FINE and getting better day by day!  I appreciate you all so much. 
LOVE
Nanc

1 comment:

  1. Great news on your continued recovery, Nancy! You're a CHAMP! Keep it up! Best wishes and lots of love, jamie

    ReplyDelete