Friday, September 10, 2010

progress

Hi Everybody,
I wanted to bring you up to date on my recovery ~ Going very well!
Patty is here taking good care of me.  She's running errands, doing laundry, cooking, etc., plus I just love having her here - we always have fun together.
I go upstairs to sleep, but spend my days in the main living area - I have a hospital bed in the living room,  and try to take a nap twice a day.  I'm walking really well - sometimes without my walker, and I feel really tall!
I stood in one spot for about 20 minutes yesterday, talking to a visitor, and realized that my legs did not get tired! This is a result of the surgeon clearing out the vertebrae that were constricting my spinal cord.  Before my surgery, I had to bend my knees slightly to compensate for my scoliosis, and would tire after about 10 minutes. 
I'm doing better with the pain.  When I first got home, I would count the minutes until my next dose of pain medicine. Now I hardly notice that they the meds are wearing off, and even let one "pill time" come and go before I realized it.
So... I'm happy to report that things are going really well.  I am so grateful for all of your prayers and expressions of love and concern.
Cheers,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Great news, Nancy! You're doing wonderful! Keep up the great recuperating! Please say hi to your sister from me, too. love, jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds very positive. Glad that you are having great company and care. We are in NY for the holiday visiting with my girls and Lev. Understand completely how your granddaughter is helping in the recovery process. Looking forward to when I can come visit, can't wait to see the new you. Take care- Kathy

    ReplyDelete