Saturday, August 28, 2010

Update from Deborah

I'm here in St. Louis and I think Mom is doing amazing overall. I know she is very uncomfortable now, but her recovery seems to be progressing steadily. I really cannot put into words how relieved and thankful I am that Monday's surgery went well. I spent the four months leading up to the surgery praying and then the four days leading up to the surgery praying and absolutely holding my breath. These few days following the surgery have been hard for Mom, but I keep in mind that her preparation for these days, her pro-active mindset, and her health are all positive factors contributing to her recovery. Today her physical therapist said, "You make it look easy!" when Mom stepped up and crossed the simulated street curb, and I agreed. Mom's relative ease with movement is tangible evidence of her progress and a great sign of more to come.

As for height, Mom used to be about as high as my lips or chin and now is up to at least my eye brow! Her back and shoulders are noticeably straighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment