Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last day before the surgery

These past few days We've been doing as much as possible to divert attention from the upcoming surgery and to try to get Nancy up to her pre-surgery weight goal of 98 lbs. This medically recommended goal, designed to accommodate a great deal of anticipated weight loss after the surgery without going below 80 lbs has dictated a firm regimen of desserts, BBQ, desserts, great meals at a number of excellent local restaurants, and desserts.



In order to encourage her in her quest to gain weight for important health reasons, I have made the sacrifice and have also partaken in these, simply so she wouldn't feel isolated in this therapy. There's nothing I won't do to be supportive.


We took a ride yesterday in our rental car up the Great River Road, stopped in to the HAWG PIT BBQ. That was good for a couple ounces, I think.

After that, we drove some very pretty secondary roads and  took a couple of ferries across the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers, re-crossing the Missouri by bridge coming back into St Louis.

We've also gone to some movies: we both enjoyed "The Other Guys" which was surprisingly funny, streamed "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" on a computer, and today Nancy saw "Eat, Pray, Love". After I found out it was NOT called, "Eat Prey, Love" and that Julia Roberts was in it, I decided instead to see the movie next door with Sylvester Stallone and all the action hero guys that was so predictable and forgettable that I can't recall the name.

As I said, I'll do anything I can to support Nancy, but going to a Julia Roberts movie is asking a bit much.


Tomorrow is going to be a long day. We go in at 5:30 am, Nancy's surgery starts at 7:30 and could last twelve hours. I'll post up occasionally in the 'no news, good news' vein.

1 comment:

  1. Dustin and I know that everything will go great! We will be sending you non-stop preys and love. I know we're all ready for the amazing-record-breaking-recovery part to start! oy-oy-yoy

    ReplyDelete